In:

[Fix] Your Installation CD-ROM couldn’t be mounted | Kali Installation Error


Kali linux 2.0 is a Penetration testing Distro from Kali Team. Earlier I had posted two articles on how to install Kali (Sana) using both GUI (Live-CD) and Traditional method. But later I tried to install Kali through USB and I received this error during the installation process. "Your Installation CD-ROM couldn’t be mounted. This is probably means that the CD-ROM was not in the drive. If so you can insert and try it again." I googled and found that it is a known bug and can be resolve easily. To known more about this bug, check https://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=1260.







This post will let you know how to solve this "Detect and Mount CD-ROM" issue. Follow the below given instructions,

Unplug your USB from system and Re-insert it

Wait for Mount/ Detection (USB LED glow)

Click Continue

I hope this solves your problem. Enjoy Sana!


Share this:

Hey there! I'm Senthil Kumar Murugesan, An Infrastructure engineer with a focus on Cisco Unified Communications and Hacking. Also I’m happy to mention that I’m a Linux junkie, a Cisco proponent, a Tools fanatic and Script lover. This is a blog, a rambling of thoughts, and a result of technical experiments

57 comments

  1. superb thanks!!!!! 1000000 times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi . i tried unplugging it and replugging it again , but it didnt work for me . pls help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, for both 1.1 and 2.0 :(
      Anyone have other way ?

      Delete
    2. I have also tried several times but no luck.Can you help me to fix this error.

      Delete
    3. I have also tried several times but no luck.Can you help me to fix this error.

      Delete
    4. Worked for me.
      Thank you ao very much :)

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic, work like a charm, you are a genius!!! thank you!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but there is no continue button lool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was ezy, i even tried to remove my cd drive from my laptop lel

    ReplyDelete
  6. it work's, thank you :v

    ReplyDelete
  7. worked like charm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same issue came when installing bunsenlabs and this worked!!! Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u! so much for your help! it works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it isn't work, no matter how many time i unplug and plug it back, pls help me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you man, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankss This work for me too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, no it didn't help. I still get an error message of : CD Rom does not contain a valid release file. thanks for nothing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love u ..........tons of thanks to u

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am using different linux OS parrot 3.0 but this trick works.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mokaseh banyak nian lor. Katek kau pening palak aku

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thaaaaaanksss thaaaanks thaaanx.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1000000000000000000000 times working thx a lot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for such an wonderful trick

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative